There are many ways to offer support at home (in the form of mentoring and grant writing) and abroad. We provide here a few suggestions and we are happy to discuss possibilities with colleagues should they care for advice.
- Mentoring: ‘Partnerships for Scholar Advancement’ via the IIE’s Scholar Rescue Fund
- Young Women Lead. The YWCA project is recruiting for their leadership programme, Young Women Lead. They welcome applications from young women aged 30 and under living in Scotland and who are from minority ethnic communities. Apply by 13 September 2019.
- Cara: Volunteer & Intern (UK eg area advice, fundraiser/grant writer & support for academics at risk)
- Help refugees: volunteer (positions in Calais, Greece, Serbia & UK)
- Refugee Support
- Refugee Survival Trust: Volunteer with Us
- Scottish Refugee Council: Volunteer (This group sometimes recruits volunteers to help in Scotland, but they are not recruiting at the moment. They do say to keep an eye on the website).
- Volunteer Scotland: Opportunity Search
including Volunteer Scotland: Conversation Cafe Volunteer (Fife based group for English language support for Refugees)